Sunday 3 June 2018

FROMSOLOTOTAIWAN: TAIPEI (PART I)



Hi readers~~

I will keep post every city I've been touched to you. Last summer, I went to Taiwan
I decided to go Taiwan to meet my two friends and to learn many new things there.
Btw I have my travel book who helped me to record my expenses and for stamp book too.
What you need to know before going to Taiwan?
1. VISA
Check whether you need any kind of visa or not. For China mainland citizen they need a permit too to enter Taiwan. For me, since I have Korean allien card so I got permit to go Taiwan by applying travel permit in their immigration website!

2. Book a guest house ! I recommend you to book guest house near the main station cause it will be easy to reach any famous place. I booked Here and there Hostel for 840 NTD (two nights) for female dorm.

TAIWAN (2017-08-20)
Taipei day 1
I arrived in Taoyuan airport around 12 at night. I took bus 1819 to Taipe around 1am (from Taoyuan it takes 30 minutes) so almost at 2am I arrived at Taipei main station. I was alone and it was  suprisingly  different then what I expected. No body in station at that time (compared to Seoul station even at 1am you still can see people ). I just saw some taxies but since my guest house just across to the street, I just walked. I tried to find the sign but could find anywhere till I saw a man who went to mart. He helped me with his internet and said that i was in right direction and voila I found out my guest house sign is soooo small. Well I thanked to him and went to elevator to check in. When i arrived, there was a woman who actually look so sleepy but she still received and counted my money well. She showed me where is my bed and the bathroom.  So for me Taipe at night especially in main station area is super quiet. Only McDonalds and mini market open 24 hours.


Taipei day 2

I woke up quite early even just arrived at 2am. Taipe is one hour late than Seoul. My friend came around  evening so I have free time alone in the morning. I checked all Taiwan national museum. I really like it and found many interesting jades (especially the green jade). Ah before entering the museum, I met a girl who took my potrait photo (and I took for her). We talked for a while about museum and I praised her hospitality.
possible place and I found

Next to museum, there is a park. I think it is a peace park. You can have some photoshoots or just walking. The weather at that time was so hot and I brought my handy automatic fan from Korea. 


Looks like a temple
It was sunny day but i loved the sky :)



After minutes, I decided to have my first meal. Following recommendations from friend, I decided to buy Taiwanese omelette and of course , bubble milk tea. Do not worry if you cant read the menu book. Even some words are weird but still understable. The name of the francise is show want. I spent 80 NTD for bubble tea and omelette



Here is the show want shop. It is easy to find
The menu book

my bubble tea (45 NTD)


Omelette (35 NTD)

I did not eat the omelette in the shop cause it was so uncomfortable. They just have one table and I prefer to eat in guest house while waiting my friend's reply. If you go to Taiwan, prepare your money for food. Cause they have so many delicous food, but if you have some restriction, please mind they have lots menu with pork and other meats so make sure twice if the food contain any meat or not. I preferred to not eat any meat here . Next, when my friend came, we went to some famous spots in Taipei but i will write in next part. click here. See you



No comments:

Post a Comment