Thursday 7 June 2018

FROMSOLOTOTAIWAN:TAIWAN NATIONAL GEOPARK YEHLIU





Hi readers and travellers,

Have you read my travel post before about Taiwan ? check the first and second part here:
Taipe part I
Taipe part II


TAIWAN NATIONAL GEOPARK YEHLIU 
(2017-8-21)




 Have you ever heard?

Actually when I observed where to visit in Taiwan, I told to my self to go to geopark. Since last time I went to Indonesian National Park Baluran Banyuwangi, I feel I should visit at least a geo park or national park of each country I visit. Then, I asked my friend whether she wanted to accompany me to Yehliu. She said she never been there so agreed . Hooray!

After we put our bag in baggage service around Taipe main station ( I wrote the details in Taipe part II), I bought my everday milk tea. They have Coco Milk Tea franchise in terminal (btw the bus terminal for Yehliu) is behind the Taipei main station. Milk tea was 35 NTD


How to go to YEHLIU PARK?
Bus 1815 tp Yehliu in peron number 3
1815 bus


Inside our bus

I suggested you to bring your lunch. Especially if you do not like seafood. I did not see any fast food near Yehliu. Only saw a family mart.  Well taiwan family mart is unique tho. They sells boiled egg and other Taiwanese foods. Bus in Taiwan also allowed you to eat your dinner inside the bus. We smelled bunch foods during our trip and it tortured me ( i wanted food too hhahah). Ah ya, one good thing to about this bus, you can charge your phone :) so dont need to worry of running out battery.  Since Yehliu is located in northeast of Taiwan, we had to take bus for one hour and a half. Take bus number 1813.  It costed 96 NTD. So for round trip ticket it was 192 NTD.

Is it free or the entrance fee is expensive?

I did not even search the entrance fee before visiting Yehliu. And it was not free. You need to pay 80 NTD.  The ticket for entering the whole -1700 meters - park.  For more information about the geological background, you can check their website. First , Yehliu is a popular tourist place for Taiwanese people especially for school study visit. Second, for me 80 NTD is a worthed price for observing the natural creatures.


But What is the popular site of Yehliu?

I only can desribe with a brief explanation. Yehliu park is well known with the natural creatured stones. Through years, the wave shaped the stones. The famous one and you can see in their entrance ticket is the queen stone.



What if I visit Yehliu in summer?

We did it! yeah it was so schorching. If you visit Yehliu in summer, put all your sunblock and bring your sunglasses. Plus wear a softball cap or bring an umbrella (but the wind can break it easily). Oh do not forget to stay hydrated.

Here is my story in Yehliu




Public bus stop in Yehliu is not that close to the park. We had to walk about 20 minutes or less. And we stopped for lunch. Most of restaurant sells their food more than 60 NTD. We chose random restaurant and we waited long time for it (wrong choice maybe). Anyway I ordered seafood noodles soup and steamboat which I had to spend my 220 NTD. (noodles soup :60 NTD, Steambot: 160 NTD). I loved the steambot taste.


noodles soup for 60 NTD. This was just so so


my delicious steamboat.  Stupid thing is why i didnt just order this one . 

 It was kinda ginger and garlic tasted steamboat for me. My friend wondered how did I like it. haha and I took it home cause could not eat all in once. As a good traveller, please mind do not waste your food, take it home when you feel enough to eat. Because before it was ready in our table, the cook needed to prepare many things and for me, the cooking process is a daily art. At least (even we pay the food), we need to appreciate the every single process to make food too.

Well, after walked again and reached the entrance (where already full of tourists). Before bought ticket, since I have told you we did not realize if we need to buy ticket until stepped our feet there, my friend went to toilet first. Then, we bought two tickets for adult. Each was 80 NTD.


Our first stop was souvenir shop. Haha. Fyi, I really like post card and collect it like a crazy fans. So when I was looking for the unique postcards from Yehliu, I saw the post it wall.  And decided to write a post it letter ( wonder if my post still hanging there).



I think i spent 200 NTD for cards (well, in National Museum, I spent the same amount to buy postcards; Thats why i called myself crazy). After wrote and hung my letter in board, we continued our walk. It was already around 12am something so the sun was so bright and shiny. We took some pictures near the stone that first we thought it was the queen stone. It was not. It was cute princess ....



Huh.. we walked again after a short rest. It was windy and sunny. Yehliu park, especially in stones area is open space. there is no surrounding trees ( they tried to plant palm tree actually). Hot hot summer . Below are some pictures we took in Yehliu Park .

my friend was too tired so she avoided the sun. She took this one from 15meters. Can you find me?
Behind me was mushroom stones area
Me with natural shaped stone. Well i called this one Whale tail stone


It looks normal photo right. But if I told you that we waited for 20 minutes for taking two or three pictures (and it was only for 1 minute). The reason why EVERYONE wants a photo there is the queen stone. Right behind me a beautiful queen (stone) was staring to another side.
Queen stone is included to mushroom rocks, the famous one.
Btw according to their official website:
"The mushroom rocks may turn into various kinds of shapes in a progressive manner as they are chronically eroded by wind, sun and rain. They may involve into neckless rock, thick rock, thin rock and even the broken-end rock eventually. The top of the thin rock may fall apart if the neck of the rock contains incomplete sands and thud accelerating the formation of broken-end rock


Ocean Erosion Pothole

And yeah after two hours and half walking to observe sun and burn our selves in sunlight we decided to go back. Anyway, we were so exhausted. Once human is  exhausted and dehydrated, we became grumpy. So we went to family mart to buy some drinks



A wrap photo for our Yehliu trip 


Wait, Before finish this post, I want to show you the track to walk in Yehliu. It is important to know where are all the rocks (if you are only looking for stones) and to estimate your time 



  Good luck and see you in the next post :)

Next post , I am going to write about Tainan !



No comments:

Post a Comment