Thursday 18 June 2015

ENGLISH : God is always with us



Although we pray with different names of God
But God whom you believe in and my God never let us Alone.

Here I am not going to speak about my faith. I want to share what I have got after believing HIS plan. Last year, I was strongly believe that I was able to enroll Korean government scholarship. Even I have not officially graduated yet but there was an exception which allowing a scholar to enroll their submission companying with a statement letter from faculty. Unfortunately, my head Department refused to give me recommendation for applying master scholarship because of my status. I was so angry, so mad, so disappointed and I lost my confidence. "why you are so rude".. I could not sleep until three oclock. I was crying all night. mom woke up suddenly after hearing my cries. "Soon my daughter, God plan would start to work. Believe in Him as she wiped my tears.

Then God showed His plan

I believe in him 
His power and his plan 

Just several days before my graduation, someone called me in early morning for offering me a job in a bank. really thank you for her intention but working in a bank is not my passion. So I was sorry to her by for refusing her offer. I let one chance gone 

when I started to worry about job after refusing the first offer, my senior asked me to replace her position in a University project. while in same time, another senior linked me with one of Korean junior consultant who offered me to work in Korean company . Being confused to choose between two. God once again showed his power. He knew what i need. Mom recommended me to pick the third offer. Working in a company project was my choice then. 

I joined a Korean company sap's project implementation

I have been worked for 8 months. Yesterday was my last time going to office. I got so many things to learn,to observe,to understand too. My Korean and my business process understanding were getting better and I got so many new collagues. I will share my experience as a translator and interpreter in another post. here I couldnt tell the detail. 

As a result of practicing Korean everyday, I passed 4th grade of topik 

It will be very easy if I live in Korea to get 4th grade. But living in my home country where in daily life speaking two languages or three languages is not a piece of cake. I speak Javanese at home, speak Indonesia in University and speak English with my friends abroad and often with my sister. Mostly I just practicing Korean with my korean friends using kakao. well, I appreciated my self as a big achievement in 2014. Fyi, I never get chance to do student exchange and I didnt take the exchange scholarship in a purpose. 

After project life, God still give me a chance to catch my dream

I came back to my hometown after all project work were clear. I am being 백수; a term for some who doesn't has job. I refused some offers from previous company. Rather than being an employee, I prefer to follow my heart desire. I am going to the right way again to catch my dream.

I had once gave up my dream. Throw back several years ago, me and my best friend shared same dream. Junior high school students who want to study in Nanyang Technology of Singapore. Yes as a teenager we didnt know what we should prepare for or what kind field of study that we would take. Simply, we just wanted to study abroad. amazingly, with a lot of effort  and hardwork, my bestie enrolled NTU for several years later and last year has graduated from Nanyang. Not stopped there, she also got a prestigious job in one of American company. Wow..a super achievement of someone who believes her dream and make it happens.

And now come back to talk about my dream. I've learned a lot from my besties. HARDWORK never betray. It always paid off.  So, on February this year, I decided to apply KGSP Scholarship program 2015. though felt little a bit last year trauma, but I was successfull convinced my self that I ought to submitt the scholarship. Being grateful for finally got a chance to apply, I consulted and shared my plan to several friends. I thankful to God because last year I got chance to help my senior research for her magister program thesis. By having a superkind and generous senior ( more like a mentor than a senior), I was allowed to introduce my self to her professor. Such a big honor for me. I emailed her professor and discussed my desire on research. The professor welcomed me and asked whether I could meet her soon (God has opened one door, thanks God).

Then, I spent almost two weeks for preparing the requirement. Having strategy is a must have item on  the list. Since i have a good connection in one of university so i decided to apply scholarship via university. Besides, I don't need admission process. Just one time interview.

I sent my submission on march 10th via EMS and stupidly didn't ask before where I should send the document. I just wrote admission office. So I emailed the graduate school, asking for a hope, and they replied one day later that my submission could be received only if I let them know the tracking number and sender name. Oh God, you saved me.
while waiting for the document screening, I went to Bali (detailed story in next post) and got four days Job in Jakarta. After had a rollercoster week, I've almost forgot to check my email. Gratefully, i was lucky the interview still on two days next.

Having an interview by phone is first experience for me. Took only 8 minutes and answered only three question. They ended up my interview by telling their graduate admission office will inform the result later. Three or Four days later, i got the notice by email and i just couldnt stop thankful to God. Although i still have one more screening process but I was grateful to pass the university selection.

Selection still on progress...waiting for april 30th. i'll BE back.


Write down your dreams
Get up and Hard work for it.
Pray to God and share His love.

alfiana raharjo

No comments:

Post a Comment