Thursday 18 June 2015

KGSP SCHOLARSHIP 2015 (1)



Hai fellas.

I am back!
I decided to write on another post cause previous post is too long.
So,here my story goes
Back four years ago, being depressed after failed getting admisson from Universitas Sebelas Maret, i expressed my real passion on the wall.  I drew KOREA and promised my self to study and go there.

Four years has passed,
I graduated from korean language last year. Still,  i couldnt fulfill my dream. Until now i never been there.  Quite good at speaking Korea but never been studied or gone there. Such an irony.  But nevermind.  Since i am keeping my dream lives,  there is no time for regret. May God already chose the Best Way for me.

On 10th february, the last day worked in M company,  i opened link from my senior in  student facebook group and read the announcement for korean government scholarship 2015. I read it pretty well. Downloaded all attachments. And the next step to do, i made a to do list. A bunch of documents ought to prepare and send before university deadline. it was so tiring!

Why I chose apply scholarship via university?
even I had topik and embassy's korean speech contest certificate, but I have thought once that my chance to be a successful candidate is bigger if I apply via university than apply via embassy. Besides, I have decided where and what major for my two years master study. Furthermore, I have contacted the professor from related major and she welcomed me so well. I got my confidence start from that time. If you have a good relationship with a professor from a certain university, you shall apply via university. But, if you still confuse with major or university, it's better to apply via embassy. Because a grantee who receive recommendation from embassy can choose three universities. For your information,  I chose korean teaching in korean language in graduate studies of Ewha Women University.

MARCH 10th

Here  I took a photo before sending the document to Korea. It cost around $30 (rp 12000/USD) using the fastest way, ems. Took about 4-5 workdays. You can track in the website by inputting the id number.


So, i sent the complete document to ewha admission office. But I was afraid they didn't get the document. For those whom apply via university, please make sure the department office has received your document or not yet. Here is my email ( i took some screenshots) to the office.  Make sure to email them at 7-10pm or right after lunch time(korean time, Git+9).
                                       

The answer was they could receive my document, only if I let them know the track number. So, another important thing to remember is the graduate studies's mail address. 
         안녕하세요보낸 사람 이름과 tracking number가 어떻게 되는지요?
         확인되면 저희가 받을 수 있습니다.
          국제대학원 행정실
Hello , Could you please write the sender name and the tracking number?If you let us know the information, we can receive your mail package. 
GSIS Office

MARCH 27th

Admission in Ewha closed on Friday march 27th. I was so happy after checking mail on Saturday ( i was little bit late) . They informed me that i would have an interview next Monday. Oh, i just came back from Jakarta and had to prepare my self for 5-6 minutes phone interview. So, i wrote the possible question and started to practice my korean since the interview would be done in Korean. My tips: Read again your self introduction and study plan. they only asked what i've written there. Besides,  try to imagine and answer this question :  if you would not been selected by NIIED, what would you do then?

MARCH 30th

        면접은  3 31() 한국시간  2부터 3 사이 전화로 진행될 예정입니다.
          학생이 지원서에 쓰신 번호로 전화드리게 됩니다. 반드시  시간에  전화를 받으실  있도록 해주십시오.
         시으로 인해  드려 니다.
         면접은 한국어로 진행됩니다.
         감사합니다.
          국제대학원 행정실

Interview will be held today (Tuesday, March 31th)around 2pm until 3pm (Korean time) via phone. We will contact the written number on your application form. You must answer the call from us during selected time. We are sorry for the inconvinience. Interview is in Korean.Thank you. GSIS office. 
 They changed the scheduled time. Might be they need more times to prepare the interview. At time near the interview's time, suddenly i worried many things  anxious so much. I passed the interview within 6 minutes. I did not get any call again that day. Becoming insecure for several days and really gave all my heart to God.

APRIL 1st

I opened email to check any good news and found this!


    1 에서  니다.   되어 2   되며, 2   4 30 니다.   셔서 다시  리며    니다.Hello! I am happy to inform you that you have passed the first step of university screening for 2015 KSGP.Your documents will be sent to NIIED for the 2nd Screening Process and the result will be announced on April 30 at NIIED website.Thank you again for applying to our school and we hope for the best of your hard works

Thanks God! one step closer to be Ehwa's. I boldlined the announcement day. They asked me to wait for a month. Sure, they need an extra work to check one by one our self description and study plan. I spent my whole time to read book and started to teach Indonesian to Korean.On April 28th, Hana (my friend who applied via Embassy and passed the interview) and I got  a chance to be interpreter for a business meeting. It should be our job to interpret the product explanation. But I swore that was so hard. Let me forget it!

JUNE 16th


Helloo.. I am keeping this a draft and now i am writting about the NIIED's result today. I saw my name on the list and found out that my language course will be spent in Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan (영남대). Hana, my friend will go to Dongseo University in Busan. This is such a destiny or not but i had a conversation before with business woman from Gyeongsan. I thought Gyeongsan is inside or near Busan. She corrected me that Gyeongsan is located in GyeongsangBUK-do while Busan is located in GyeongsangNAM-do. ah and one fact that i already knew about my future city is its dialect. what? DIALECT! 괜찮아 ( gwaenchana) spoken in Seoul while in Gyeongsan it's spoken 괜찬재?(gwaenchanje). That will be my challenge to understand and follow the dialect. Overall, i really grateful to ALLOH who gave me this chance and let me fullfil my dreams.


I want to thanks to all people (my beloved family, Cetar Gayamsari, Korean Language year 2010, Miwon's SAP implementation project, etc) who always support me. I will use this great chance as best as i can do to make a better future of mine, community and country. Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Interview Ewha pake Bahasa Korea untuk smua pelamar ya kak? Untuk yg blum bsa Korean, apa interviewnya ttp pakai English?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interview Ewha pake Bahasa Korea untuk smua pelamar ya kak? Untuk yg blum bsa Korean, apa interviewnya ttp pakai English?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halo maaf aku baru bales. Interviewny tergantung jurusan. Kalau km jurusannya non korea, ya boleh pakai English

      Delete